Monday 14 November 2011

THE Most Vile Film... Of All Time? Maybe. That I've Ever Seen- YES!


So I was chilling with my friend today and they put the idea across that we should watch The Human Centipede 2. Now I've never seen the first one, but from what i've heard from people that have, is that it's not actually as bad as it's made out to be and isn't really graphic. So I ended up deciding to go along with the watching of THC2 and having tonight come away from my friend's house I can honestly say that it is probably the WORST film i've ever watched in my life. Not worst in the sense of 'oh this direction is so bad, this is a terrible movie', or 'these actors are terrible, such a bad movie', or even 'this plot is so boring, stupid and lame, this is such a bad movie' just the depravity that is throughout, it's just SHOCKINGLY horrible. I've never stared with such disgust for the duration of a film as when I watched THC2. It doesn't help that i'm easily offended at the best of times but EVERYTHING about the film made me feel dirty and disgusted. It even managed to offend my not so easily offended horror buff friend, and that's saying something.

The actor they hired to portray the antagonist is one of the most revolting people we have ever laid eyes on and just having to look at him for the duration of the film is torture enough before all the crazy stuff goes down. He's obese, small and just plain not nice to look at. He looks like a vulgar take on the Penguin from Batman lore. That he has an illness is clear, but still uncomfortable to follow. Every wheeze, cough and splutter makes you gag and want to drown out the noise with anything you can.

The plot is the most interesting part of the film. It's what kept me going to the end, and you can just IMAGINE that there are people like that who take an innocent concept like a film and turn it into something more perverse that any normal person. That the character clearly enjoys everything that happens makes you feel sick and want to know just how someone could be like that no matter what's happened to them in their lives.

All in all i'd NEVER even PAY someone to watch this film, but if you've got a strong stomach, and aren't offended easily (I know a few of you out there) then I know you're more than likely going to watch it. Don't say I didn't warn you that it's vile.

No comments:

Post a Comment